Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- SSSCE/WASSCE – credit passes in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better respectively.
- ‘O’ Level/‘A ’Level – credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE‘O’ Level (or
its equivalent including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three
(3) credit passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
- GBCE – credit passes in Business Mathematics, English Language and Integrated
Science and three (3) elective subjects.
- Mature Applicant- applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirement:
- Attain a minimum age of twenty-five(25) years at the time of applying.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / baptismal certificate / weighing card which is five (5) years old or any other proof.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and General Paper/ Physics .
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with five (5) credits at GBCE or GCE‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
- American Grade 12
- City & Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)/Diploma holders will go through a compulsory three (3) months English Proficiency class before starting their programme. They should also submit both the original and translated versions of their results slips.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR “TOP UP” APPLICANTS
- Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the programme of study from a recognized Polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Verifiable Diplomas relevant to the programme of study from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis and will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE applicants must have grades “A1 – D7” in their core and elective subjects. This includes, English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have grades “A – D” in both their core and elective subjects. This includes English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit GTUC website: www.gtuc.edu.gh, click on online application, and choose “apply online” under the undergraduate or diploma option.
- Enter the Serial Number and Pin on the voucher
- Complete application form, scan and attach your passport sized photograph and relevant documents
- Print a copy of the completed form and submit to GTUC Admissions Office
- You can also download the application form online or obtain a hard copy of the form from our various Campuses (Remember to attach your passport sized photograph).
- Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
Note: All professional and other entry qualifications will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
Completed application forms with certified copies of Certificates/Result slips must be submitted to the Admissions Office.
All Non- English speaking applicant should submit their result (Baccallarette) to National Accreditation Board (NAB) for evaluation before they apply.
For further enquiries, please contact:
The Admissions Office:
Note: All foreign applicants with WAEC results should include scratch card (s) from their countries with their application forms, depending on the number of WAEC sittings.