MSc Telecom Management
MSc Telecommunications Management (with KNUST, Ghana)
About the Programme
It is a two (2) year collaborative programme between Ghana Technology University College and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
The program is a high level modular course which provides intensive preparation for professional practice in management of telecommunications concerns. It provides opportunities for individuals with both technical and non-technical degrees who are seeking graduate education to help them advance into managerial and leadership roles in the dynamic telecommunications environment.
It gives students the needed skills in integrated global business management techniques to support high level decision making. It also equips students with the agility to develop and apply strategy in response to the external environment. Emphasis is given to quality processes that enhance value and reduce waste in the operations in the telecommunications industry.
Students are given solid financial analysis background to determine return on investments and to evaluate the sustainability of projects. Our graduates in telecommunications management are adept in influencing policy and applying their skills to plan, acquire, operate and evaluate telecommunications systems.
Modules under the programme are:
- Communication Electronics
- Data Communications and Networks
- Internet Technology and E-Commerce
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Project Management
- Mobile and Satellite Communication
- Network Management and Design
- Strategic Management of Technology and innovation
- Organizational Leadership and Decision Making
- Economics and Financial Analysis
- Research Methodology and Seminar Presentation
- Managing People in Technology Based Organizations
- Telecommunications: Legal and Regulatory issues
First degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.2 in mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Information and Communication Technology related programmes from an accredited university or college. Candidates who qualify for Telecommunications Engineering can also apply for this programme.
Ghanaians – US $8,000.00
International Students – UK £10,000.00
Why should I choose this programme?
After successful completion of this programme, students will
- have high level strategic management skills for very technical environments
- have the ability to protect the financial assets of an organization by expertly appraising projects before implementation.
- be well equipped for leading positions in globally operating companies in Ghana and worldwide.
After successful completion of the programme, a graduate should be able to perform in career fields such as:
- Managerial roles in Telecom/IT organizations
- Teaching and Research at a University
- Consultancy Services
- Policy Advisor on Telecommunications
- An executive Office in a Telecommunications concern.
- Provide leadership in a regulatory environment
For further information, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Office Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) Tel: 0302- 917152, 0302-969020, 0302-969030 Mobile: 0202698352, 0202698353 Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214 Koforidua campus: 0202625760, 0202625761 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org