MSc Oil & Gas Management
MSc Oil & Gas Management (with Coventry University)
About the Programme
It is a 1 year (2-3 years for part-time) collaborative programme between Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) and Coventry University in UK. The MSc Oil and Gas Management programme aims to provide specialist professional development and qualifications for a wide range of potential employers including national and multinational energy companies, consultancies, energy ministries and local/international allied agencies.
Modules in the programme focus on theoretical, policy design, scientific, technological and operational aspects of oil and gas management.
- Introduction to Oil & Gas
- Future of Oil & Gas
- HSE management in Oil & Gas Industry: 21st Century
- Organizational Behaviour & HRM
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Impact of Oil Production in Developing World
- Management of Natural & Environment Hazards
- Corporate Social Responsibility
A first degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.2 in a Science, Engineering programme from an accredited university or college. Students with technical roles in the oil and gas sector will have an added advantage. Mature candidates must have a Higher National Diploma certificate with a minimum of second class lower and post qualification work experience of at least six (6) years.
Ghanaians – UK £5,000.00
International Students – UK £6,000.00
Why should I choose this programme?
- It develops students understanding of the fundamentals of oil and gas management including the processes, drivers, threat and opportunities related to the management of the energy and hydrocarbon industry
- It enables students to evaluate and apply a variety of skills, policies, operational strategies and techniques within the context of oil and gas management
- Students are able to apply the understanding of the politics of oil and gas and threats to continued supply and renewable energy options
- Students develop the competence to safely and effectively manage projects in the oil and gas industries within the context of increasingly stringent environmental and safety legislations
- Develop the academic and professional competences of students, thus facilitating the mobility of professional employment and the application of professional knowledge and skills.
- Understand the theories, concepts and complexities of managing the processes and challenges of the oil and gas industry,
- Use the methods and global best practices in managing health, safety and environment in the exploration and production of oil and gas,
- Develop effective leadership and management skills for the oil and gas sector and use appropriate business policies and strategies within a changing operational and legislative context to meet stakeholders’ interest
After a successful completion of the programme, a graduate should be able to perform in career fields such as:
- Oil and Gas Principal Consultant
- Petroleum Engineer
- Project Manager
- Drill Site Manager
- Offshore Project Manager
- HSE Associate (Training)
- Field Safety Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Wells Engineer (Drilling)
- Upstream Oilfield Engineer
For further information, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Office Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) Tel: 0302- 917152, 0302-969020, 0302-969030 Mobile: 0202698352, 0202698353 Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214 Koforidua campus: 0202625760, 0202625761 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com