KADIR HAS UNIVERSITY, TURKEY
KADIR HAS UNIVERSITY, TURKEY
Coventry University in collaboration with Kadir Has University host a joint summer school in Turkey. Kadir Has University was established in 1997 as a non-profit foundation university. It has 5,500 students and offers 26 undergraduate and 30 graduate degree programmes. The language of instruction in most of the academic programmes is English. Kadir Has University is a city university located in the heart of Istanbul, the business, culture and education centre of Turkey with an award-winning campus. The main campus boasts of renovated historical buildings, a modern educational infrastructure, a museum and exhibition halls. Kadir Has University (KHAS) is a leading university that offers innovative undergraduate and graduate programs with highly qualified academic staff.
KHAS campus is minutes away from Istanbul’s historical , cultural and social attractions and activities, hence a great location to begin exploring the beautiful city.
|Date:||6 June – 14 June|
|Duration of programme:||7days|
|Application Deadline:||14th April, 2014|
What’s included in the fee?
- Visa Processing
- Accommodation in single-occupancy rooms (with shared kitchen facility);
- Lunch (for 3 days of the programme);
- Welcome and farewell dinners;
- 12 -18 hours of academic content per week, includingEnglish classes, skills development workshops and tutorials;
- Tuition fees;
- Field trips and full access to summer school activities(inclusive of transport);
- Airports pick up and drop off
What’s not included in the fee?
- Flights to and from the Ghana
- Other travel costs for personal visits/excursions;
- Food and beverages unless specified in the itinerary;
- Accommodation for friends and family of students;
- Costs for additional weekend excursions.
Discover the timeless city, the capital of empires, and the crossroads of cultures of two continents thus Coventry University and Kadir Has University. The summer programme is designed to be interactive, fun and challenging.
- The programme is intensive and it will equip students with the essential business skills required in a competitive global environment.
- This course offers an introductory overview of business organizations in Turkey with case studies, highlighting the recent global successes by Turkish businesses.
- The course will focus on both internal issues such as the structure of business, its principal functions and activities; as well as the external issues such as the economic, technological and competitive landscapes.
Social and Cultural Experiences in Istanbul
Experience some of the many cultural sites of Istanbul during your visit:
- Hagia Sophia
- Toptapi Palace
- Sultanahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque)
- Basilica Cistern
- Galata Tower
- Dolmabahce Palace
- Istanbul Modern
- Istanbul Naval Museum
- Sakip Sabanci Museum
Relevant entrance fees will be payable by the student.
- Students must be aged 18 or over at the time of the course start date and/or undertaking a university/ college course.
- As each programme is delivered in English, students will need a good level of English speaking, reading and writing skills.
How to apply
To apply you must go through the following procedures
- Complete online application form
- A scanned copy of your latest University/College transcript result,
- Book an appointment to meet the coordinator of the programme to review documents
- Students will be given offer on the programme based on eligibility.
- Students given an offer will have to must write to accept offer and pay fees
- Students will be given a date to meet with the protocol officer to complete online visa application form and schedule appointment date to present documents at the embassy (Note that GTUC cannot guarantee visas but would give advice and support, students will have to submit documents to the embassy in person)
- Students must pay full payment of the tuition before submitting documents to the embassy for visa
- After students have received visas, there will be a pre-departure sessions (contact the programme coordinator to know when your pre-departure session is scheduled)