BSc. Telecommunication Engineering
Objectives of the Program
- To provide a sound base in the science of Telecommunication Engineering.
- To develop in the students the concept of professional practice, innovation and enterprise.
- To make the student aware of technological trends and the emerging opportunities.
- To lay the foundation necessary for advanced study in Telecommunication Engineering.
- To be able to unite theory with practice, be prepared and motivated to engage in lifelong learning, and have a solid foundation in mathematics and science.
- To be productive practitioners skilled in applying engineering process and practice to software components and systems.
- To be proficient in oral and written communication, and effective in team work.
- To have the broad education and awareness of contemporary issues necessary to understand the societal and global impact of their profession.
1. WASSCE/SSSCE APPLICANTS
Credits in three (3) SSSCE /WASSCE Core Subjects: (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science) plus three (3) credits in the following Elective Subjects: Elective Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/Applied Electricity/Electronics/Technical Drawing with an aggregate score of 24 or 36 respectively.
2. ‘A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
Applicants should be Science students with Five (5) Credits at ‘O’ Level including Mathematics and English Language. They should also have (two) 2 passes at ‘A’ Level in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
3. MATURE APPLICANTS
Applicants must be 25 years at the time of submitting the application. Must have either Five credits at the “O” Level including Mathematics, English Language, Physics and Chemistry OR WASSCE/SSSCE credits in three (3) Core Subjects (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science), plus credits in three (3) Elective Subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry).
4. INTERNATIONAL BACCALAURETTE
Applicants must have science background (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) They must obtain a distinction, credit or pass as decided by the jury. They should also be proficient in English. This is checked through written exams, verbal interview and certification from a recognized language institution.
5. AMERICAN GRADE 12
Holders must have science background. They should have good grades in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry etc. This must be evaluated with the actual results on transcript for the programme.
6. CITY & GUILDS
Holders must have Technician Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or in relevant Engineering Programme.
7. HND FROM POLYTECHNIC
Holders of Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 1st Class, 2nd Upper or 2nd Lower grades. They must also satisfy the basic entry requirement into University. They should also satisfy the basic entry requirements into University.
8. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION
Advanced Technician Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Telecom Systems
9. OTHER DIPLOMA HOLDERS Diploma in Telecom Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution
Offline Application Procedure
Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC Information Centre, Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Office and at our website www.gtuc.edu.gh here.
Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH¢120.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.
Completed application forms with certified copies of Certificates / result slips should be submitted to the admissions offices before the closing date.
Online Application Procedure
- Purchase a voucher nationwide at Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) at GH120.00 through the SMART _ PAY platformVisit GTUC website: www.gtuc.edu.gh and click on online application
- Enter the Serial Number and Pin on the voucher
- Complete application form, scan and attach your passport sized photograph and relevant documents
- Print a copy of the completed form and submit to GTUC Admissions Office
You can also obtain a hard copy of the Application Form from our various campuses (Remember to attach your passport sized photograph)
NOTE: Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
|SSC131||MORALS AND ETHICS|
|GE 153||CIRCUIT THEORY|
|GE 151||ENGINEERING MATHS I|
|SSC 121||FUNCTIONAL FRENCH 1|
|ICT 111||PRINCIPLES OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING|
|SSC171||SOCIOLOGY OF TECHNOLOGY|
|GE154||INSTRUMENTATION AND MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES|
|SSC172||FUNCTIONAL FRENCH II|
|GE112||ENGINEERING MATHS II|
|IT 278||BASIC LAW|
|GE252||ENGINEERING MATHS IV|
|GE242||SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS|
|ICT212||ALGORITHMS AND DATA STRUCTURE|
|SSC262||ENGINEER AND SOCIETY|
|TEL214||MICROPROCESSOR SYSTEM AND INTERFACE|
|GE351||ENGINEERING MATHS V|
|GE341||ELECTRO MAGNETIC WAVE THEORY|
|SSC361||PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT|
|TEL326||DIGITAL SIGNALS PROCESSING|
|TEL342||MICROWAVE COMPONENTS AND CIRCUITS|
|TEL 362||RESEARCH METHODOLOGY|
|TEL 421||ANTENNA AND PROPAGATION|
|TEL 431||DATA COMMUNICATION AND COMPUTER NETWORKS|
|TEL 461||PROJECT WORK|
|TEL 441||RESEARCH PRESENTATION AND SEMINAR|
|TEL 411||COMMUNICATION NETWORKS|
|TEL 451||INDUSTRIAL TRAINING|
|TEL 432||EMERGING TECHNOLOGY|
|TEL 474||OPTOELECTRONICS AND OPTICAL COMMUNICATION|
|TEL 462||PROJECT WORK|
|TEL 412||MOBILE AND SATELLITE COMMUNICATION|