BSc Software Engineering
The course provides a focused education for specific destinations in the computing industry. Graduates of the course will be software engineers with specialized skills particularly suited to the identified industries. Graduates awarded with good grades will be equipped to engage in research to take up higher degree study.
The skills are also applicable to a wider range of industries and end destinations.Graduates holding the BSc award will have a clearly targeted and developed set of skills in software engineering. The course covers traditional areas of software engineering such as programming, database systems, software quality and process management, theoretical aspects of computer science, networking and systems architecture as well as taking in the latest developments and progress that has been made in the field.
The skills base of the course generally resides within the body of knowledge defined by the QAA Computing benchmark statement. As well as the technical focus, the course contains the content that prepares students in the social, ethical, legal and professional aspects of a cooperative human environment such as the workplace.
Why study a Coventry University degree?
- Gain an internationally recognised degree validated and awarded by a Top 15 UK University (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- Coventry is rated 5 stars in the QS Ratings System, QS states that a 5 star university is “generally world class in a broad range of areas, enjoys a high reputation and has cutting edge facilities and internationally renowned research and teaching faculty
- Coventry earned the title ‘University of the Year for Student Experience’ in the 2019 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide; the guide describes it as “one of the most innovative modern universities, bold with its vision of what the 21st century student experience should be”.
1. WASSCE/SSSCE APPLICANTS
Credits in three (3) SSSCE /WASSCE Core Subjects: (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science) plus three (3) credits in the following Elective Subjects: Elective Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/Applied Electricity/Electronics/Technical Drawing with an aggregate score of 24 or 36 respectively.
2. ‘A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
Applicants should be Science students with Five (5) Credits at ‘O’ Level including Mathematics and English Language. They should also have (two) 2 passes at ‘A’ Level in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
3. MATURE APPLICANTS
Applicants must be 25 years at the time of submitting the application. Must have either Five credits at the “O” Level including Mathematics, English Language, Physics and Chemistry OR WASSCE/SSSCE credits in three (3) Core Subjects (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science), plus credits in three (3) Elective Subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry).
4. INTERNATIONAL BACCALAURETTE
Applicants must have science background (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) They must obtain a distinction, credit or pass as decided by the jury. They should also be proficient in English. This is checked through written exams, verbal interview and certification from a recognized language institution.
5. AMERICAN GRADE 12
Holders must have science background. They should have good grades in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry etc. This must be evaluated with the actual results on transcript for the programme.
6. CITY & GUILDS
Holders must have Technician Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or in relevant Engineering Programme.
7. HND FROM POLYTECHNIC
Holders of Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 1st Class, 2nd Upper or 2nd Lower grades. They must also satisfy the basic entry requirement into University. They should also satisfy the basic entry requirements into University.
8. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION
Advanced Technician Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Telecom Systems
9. OTHER DIPLOMA HOLDERS Diploma in Telecom Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution
Offline Application Procedure
Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC Information Centre, Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Office and at our website www.gtuc.edu.gh here.
Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH¢120.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.
Completed application forms with certified copies of Certificates / result slips should be submitted to the admissions offices before the closing date.
Online Application Procedure
- Purchase a voucher nationwide at Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) at GH120.00 through the SMART _ PAY platformVisit GTUC website: www.gtuc.edu.gh and click on online application
- Enter the Serial Number and Pin on the voucher
- Complete application form, scan and attach your passport sized photograph and relevant documents
- Print a copy of the completed form and submit to GTUC Admissions Office
You can also obtain a hard copy of the Application Form from our various campuses (Remember to attach your passport sized photograph)
NOTE: Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Designing for Usability 1
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Computer Architecture and Networks
- Introduction to Computing
- Logic and Sets
- Real World Project
- Operating Systems, Security and Networks
- Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Object Oriented Software Engineering
- Engineering Software Applications
- Tasked-based Software Engineering
- Individual Project
- Software Quality and Process Management
- Concurrent and Real-time System Design
- Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science
- Mobile Application Development
- Hi-Tech Entrepreneurship
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information