BSc Applied Computing
|Course Length:||3 years ……………………………………………………………………………..|
|Tuition Fees:||Ghanaian Students: GH¢5,500 per Semester|
|International Students: £1,500 per Semester|
|Course Start Date:||January 2014|
Summary Applied Computing Scheme offers a part-time opportunity for working students to get a degree qualification. It also aims at giving employers the opportunity to train their staff in a way to suit modern technological trends.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level applicants who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of applying and have credits in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics in addition to passing an Entrance Examination or interview.
- SSSCE / WASSCE who have credits in three (3) core subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) electives relevant to the chosen programme.
4. International Baccalaureate (IB) / Diploma 5. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) holders with passes in three (3) compulsory plus optional subjects relevant to the programme of study. 6. Applicants with stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at GBCE or GCE ‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics. 7. American Grade 12 8. Foreign Applicants and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution. 9. City and Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
- Successful Study with Quantitative Tool for Computing
- Option Module
- Applied Software Development Life Cycles
- Digital Application Development
- Application Design and Development with C#
- Networked Computer Systems
- Mobile Technology Systems
- Project Proposal and Professionalism
- Option Module
- Collaborative Group Project
- Contemporary Issues in IT
- Option Module
- Final Year Project
- Digital Interaction Design
- Strategic Information Systems Management
- Database Administration and Management
- Enterprise Client-server Development with PHP
- Enterprise Client-server Development with JSP
- Design of Corporate Communication Systems
- Developing Interactive Multimedia
- Enterprise Data Interchange with XML
- Application forms for admission can be obtained at the GTUC information centre Tesano – Accra (or download from here), the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office or on our website www.gtuc.edu.gh at the admissions menu.
- Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH ¢110.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.(fee includes Application Form and Verification processes)
- Completed application forms with certified copies of certificates/result slips should be submitted to the admissions office, GTUC Tesano – Accra, contact admissions office for application deadline.
Which institute issues out the certificate GTUC or Staffordshire?
Degree (Certificate) is given by Staffordshire University, UK
Is the programme accredited?
The degree is accredited by the British Computing Society(BCS) and by the institute for the management of Information Systems (IMIS)
Is the certificate internationally recognised ?
The degree is also accredited by the National Accreditation Board, Ghana
Contact For any enquiries please contact:
Office of International Programmes
Telephone: 0302 200611, 2936201, 0202698226, 0202698339