SPOTLIGHT – Internal Audit Office
In this edition, we focus on the Internal Audit Office. The Internal Audit Office exist to support the vision and mission of the University College by providing the President and other senior management of the University with an objective assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of management’s internal control systems.
The Internal Audit Office is also mandated to provide independent assurance that the institution’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. The Office seeks to ensure that faculties, departments, and Units have sufficient systems and internal controls in place and that those controls are designed to add value to the University College. The Office also collaborates with the various satellite campuses to ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures of the University College in their daily operations. They also provide advisory services where management requests such a review. The Audit Office is located at the 2nd Floor of the main Administration Block, Tesano Campus. The office is headed by Victoria Amoah (Mrs) and supported by the following team members; Juliana Amamu, Eric Wedzi and Mavis Yaa Mansa Ameworwor.
To be an independent and objective assurance unit intended internally to add value and improve the operations of Ghana Technology University College.
The mission of the Internal Audit Office is to help ensure the University College is accomplishing its overall objectives. This will be accomplished through;
• Improving internal control and systems and culture
• Enhancing management of risks
• Enhancing governance processes
• Ensuring that assets are adequately safeguarded
• Ensuring value for money is achieved in all operations
• INDEPENDENCE: We adhere to the standard of our
profession; we remain independent in our work.
• INTEGRITY: We follow the highest ethical standards; we take
responsibility for our actions and honour our commitment.
• OBJECTIVITY: Independent and impartial at all times, we do not compromise on our work.
• PROFESSIONALISM: We show respect for other’s opinion. We maintain open lines of communication; we encourage new ideas and accept risk for making positives changes.
• CONFIDENTIALITY: Discretion and due care with all information obtained in the performance of our duties.
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS
• Assisting in the deterrence of fraud by ensuring compliance of policies plans and procedures of the University College.
• Performing special reviews requested by Management.
• Providing professional advice and internal control information & systems across the University.
• Reviewing financial & operating information and the means used to report such information.
• Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
• Reviewing and appraising the economy and efficiency with which resources are purchased.
• Reviewing operational activities to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and the goals of the University.
• Recommending operational improvements in standard operating procedures for the University College. Whom should I contact if I have any questions for the Internal
Please direct all questions to Victoria Amoah (Mrs), Contact:
+233 020 2698 260,