MBA Healthcare Management
MBA Healthcare Management (offered in collaboration with CASS Europe)
About the Programme
This one-year (two-semester) MBA programme in Healthcare Management is a joint undertaking between CASS Europe (i.e. Medical University of Varna, Bulgaria and CASS Europe Graduate School of International Management) and Ghana Technology University College. The programme is international and interdisciplinary in nature. The CASS/GTUC MBA in Healthcare Management prepares you for the realities of global and local healthcare management. It does so through a rigorous and inspiring blend of theory and practice to develop your ability to think critically. Thus it will take you out of your comfort zone by opening your mind and extending your capabilities. You will be introduced to a range of new tools, while developing the flair necessary to manage and motivate people.
First Semester : Core Courses/Modules
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Management
- Fundamentals of Public Health
- Healthcare Economics
- Healthcare Marketing
- Healthcare Accounting and Finance
Second Semester : Specialized Courses/Modules
- Applied Epidemiology
- Quality Management in Healthcare
- Legal Aspects of Healthcare Management
- Global Healthcare Management
- Collaboration, Organizing, and Financing Healthcare
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in an area of healthcare, management, or related fields) or an equivalent qualification with a minimum of 2.2. Mature candidates must have a Higher National Diploma certificate with a minimum of second class lower and post qualification work experience of at least six (6) years.
- Have a minimum of two years professional work experience. Applicants who do not have the requisite professional work experience but on the other hand show strong evidence of academic promise (as demonstrated by the level of grades obtained in their undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree programs) will also be considered for admission.
- A very good oral and written command of the English language
- Applicants who are not native speakers of English or who do not hold a university level qualification taught in the English language would be required to undergo an English language test (to be organized by Lincoln International) before a final decision could be made about the outcome of their application. Alternatively, applicants will be required to show proof of one of the following English language tests: TOEFL (minimum 550), TOEIC, IELTS (6.0), or other similar tests.
- Two letters of recommendation
- A completed and signed application form
Ghanaians – UK £4,000.00
International Students – UK £6,000.00
Why Choose this Program
- Students obtain excellent and varied career prospects
- The program has an appropriate mix of theory and practical applications
- It enhances the employability of students after graduation
If you want a career that is typically stable in good times or bad, take a look at healthcare management. Employment possibilities in the industry are projected to increase due to both population growth and increased birth. Healthcare manager jobs can be quite diverse. They can be found in nursing homes, hospitals, large medical related corporations, clinics, outpatient surgical centers, eye surgery centers, pharmaceutical establishments, insurance companies, specialized technical groups, drug companies and corporations and Health Ministries and other government related establishments.
Job functions are also diverse. They are found in the various management areas of the industry. This may include strategic planning, facility operations and layout, human resources, financial management, accounting, public relations, general supervising and many other fields.
Further information, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Office Ghana Technology University College (GTUC)
Tel: 0302-917152, 0302-969020, 0302-969030 Mobile: 0202698352, 0202698353
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com