IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 5 DAYS
The IT Project Management training program is an intensive and comprehensive introduction to managing IT projects. This program provides practical skills and techniques used to manage an IT project successfully from start to finish. The skills and techniques covered in this program are considered best practices and are grounded in theories. The Project Management theories and concepts needed to manage projects successfully are emphasized throughout the program. Practical techniques for planning, managing risk, estimating and scheduling will be covered as well.
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction to Software Development Methodologies and Alternatives
- Team Management
- Scope Management
- IT project Cost Estimation
- Activity Scheduling
- Network Scheduling Techniques
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Contracts and Procurement
- Evaluation Tools
At the end of this course, delegates will:
- Develop the skill set that organizations are looking for to manage IT projects successfully.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the skills, tools and techniques needed to successfully manage a project.
- Be equipped with knowledge in the following crucial project management areas: Time, Scope, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement Management and Integration Management.
The target group of participants for this training programme includes:
Managers, Project Managers, Project Team Leaders, and Project Team Members who are interested in enhancing their career by preparing to become a certified PMP, students and fresh graduates.