FAQ’s for Parents and Students


How much are my child’s school fees for this semester?

Kindly click on the following link: http://gtuc.edu.gh/site/index.php/fees-schedule which has a breakdown of all fees schedules. Please note that this is subject to change.

How can I pay my child’s school fees?

Kindly contact the Accounts Office for the appropriate bank account number.

Does my child have to pay to register

Yes. All continuing students have to pay at least 60% of their fees before registering at the beginning of the semester. All fresh students are required to pay everything up front

My bank has transferred my child’s school fees into the school’s account however I have been told this is not reflecting at the Accounts Office?

Send all details relating to the transaction to the Finance Office where you would be given the necessary assistance.

What is the school’s account information; I would like to make a payment?

Kindly contact the Accounts Office to be given the necessary assistance.

How can I access my child’s academic calendar?

Kindly click on the following link: http://site.gtuc.edu.gh/index.php/student-academiccalendar .

How do I access my child’s results?

Every student at GTUC is given an official e-mail and password to log into an online system to access their results. Parents who would like to access these results needs to get the “right to use” from their wards who are the owners of this information. Please not that GTUC cannot issue student usernames and passwords to third parties.

Who can I speak to if I would like to discuss my child’s academic performance?

Kindly contact faculty where a member of staff will be willing to discuss your child’s academic performance further.


IT Business: 0302 252 541

Informatics: 0202 698 314

Engineering: 0202 698 218

Which faculty does my child’s programme belong to? Kindly click on the following link: http://gtuc.edu.gh/site/index.php/academic-faculties

GTUC has three different faculties, you child’s programme will fall under one of the following faculties:

Faculty of Engineering

Faculty of Informatics

Faculty of IT Business

BSc in Computer Engineering

BSc in Telecommunications Engineering

BSc (Top-up) in Telecom Engineering

Diploma in Telecom Engineering

BSc in Information Technology

BSc (Top-up) in Information Technology

Diploma in Information Technology

BBA Accounting

BBA: Banking

BBA Entrepreneurship

BBA HRM BBA Marketing

BBA Management

BSc Accounting with Computing

BSc Procurement & Logistics

BSc Economics

Staffordshire Programmes

Faculty of Engineering

Faculty of Informatics

Faculty of IT Business

BSc Software Engineering

BSc (Hons) Computer Science BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology BSc Applied Computing BSc Web Design BSc Web Development BSc Web Programming

BA Events Management

BA Business Management & Enterprise BA Business & HR Management

BA (Hons) Marketing Management

BA Tourism Management


How do I get my Students’ ID card?

Once you have successfully registered at GTUC, taken part in the matriculation process and undertaken your medical examination, you will be issued with your ID card. Failure to take part in any of the stated processes will cause a delay in the issuance of the ID card, and in some cases penalties incurred.

I’ve lost my ID card how do I obtain a new one?

You will need to pay for a new one at the Accounts Office. Receipt of payment should be presented to the Student Affairs Officer who will assist you to have your card replaced.

Where can I update or change my personal details?

Admissions Office where an Admissions Officer would assist appropriately

My name has been incorrectly spelt, which department can I go to change this?

Where your name has been spelt incorrectly, contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible where one of the Officers will be able to assist you to address this issue.

Can I change my name on my certificate?

It is not possible under any circumstances to change the name on your certificate. In cases where a student gets married, you will need to produce legal documentation as proof of change of name.

Can I change the order of my name on the certificate?

Once certificates are issued, names cannot be changed. Students are encouraged to check with the Exams and Records unit to ensure the correct spelling and arrangement of their names before the completion of their programme.

I need an introductory letter (not relating to a residence permit)/ letter of attestation. How can I obtain one?

Students requiring an attestation letter or introductory letter for purposes other than those relating to residence permits, will need to make an application to the Office of the Registrar.

The application should state the following:

  • The purpose of the introductory letter,
  • Index Number
  • Level,
  • Programme,
  • Full name.

You are also required to attach the following documents:

  • Payment receipt
  • Photocopy of their ID card (front and back)

Fee Payments

I have paid part of my school fees and I would like to pay the rest, however I have noticed that the balance is more than I expected. What can I do about this?

Unfortunately GTUC has no control over the currency exchange rates. This therefore means that students will have to pay according to the rate on that given day.

How can my parents abroad pay my school fees?

Students who would like fees to be paid directly into the school’s bank accounts are required to contact the Accounts Office who would guide you through the process.

Kindly click on the following link: http://gtuc.edu.gh/site/index.php/fees-schedule which has a breakdown of all the fees for each programme. Please note that this is subject to change.

Ghanaian Residency Requirements

What are the residence requirements for Ghana?

Upon receiving your admission letter you should apply for a student’s visa from a Ghana High Commission, Consulate or other Embassy authorised by the Government of Ghana to issue visas on her behalf.

Upon arrival in Ghana you will have to apply for a residence permit from the Ghana Immigration Service. The Student Affairs Office will provide you with an introductory letter to help facilitate this process. The office can also assist you obtain a residence permit.

Items required for obtaining an introductory letter for a residence permit:

  • Receipt of Payment from the Accounts Office
  • Non-Citizen Ghana card
  • Copy of student ID card
  • Contact number of student in Ghana
  • Copy of the photo page of your passport

Upon arrival in Ghana, all international students MUST register with their High Commissions/Embassies at their earliest convenience.

Where can I obtain an introductory letter for a residence permit or a renewal from?

If you require an introductory letter to apply for a residence permit or a renewal, you will need to go to Student Affairs Office.

How much does a residence permit cost?

Please note that the resident permit costs $150 although this is subject to change according to Ghana Immigration Service.

How long does it take to process a resident permit?

The process takes a week. However, if you would like the school to undertake this process for you, then please allow a maximum of 6 weeks for completion.

What will happen to me if I do not possess a residence permit?

It is an offence not to possess a residence permit and a penalty will be applied to students who flout this directive.

I am an international student coming from a country without an embassy in Ghana, how do I obtain a Visa on arrival?

In order to facilitate the process of obtaining a visa on arrival, you will need to provide the Office of Student Affairs with the documents stated below, to present on your behalf at Ghana Immigration:

A copy of the data page of your passport

A copy of your Admission letter

A copy of payment of school fees

An introductory letter

As the University will provide your introductory letter, you will need to provide the University with the following details:

Place ofembarkation

Date of arrival

Duration of stay


Accommodation details

I have completed school my residence permit will expire before graduation

You can apply for extension of the permit.

What is a Non-Citizen Card?

All foreign nationals living in Ghana are required by law to register and be issued with a Non-Citizen Ghanacard. The registration of foreign nationals is part of the process to register all people living in the country. The Non-citizen Ghanacard is the national identity card for foreign nationals.

  • Why is the Non-Citizen Card necessary?

The Non-Citizen Card is a mandatory requirement for all foreign nationals living in Ghana. The Non-Citizen Ghanacard shall be used for all transactions which require identification.

  • What can you use the Non-Citizen ID card for?

The Non-Citizen ID card shall be used for many transactions including:

  • application for and issuance of a driver's license;
  • opening of individual or personal bank accounts;
  • purchase of insurance policies;
  • transactions specified under the National Health Insurance Scheme;
  • registration of SIM cards;

Non-Citizen ID cards are required by Ghanaian law


First Issuance:









  • Where can I obtain a Non-Citizen ID card from?

All CAL Bank Branches

National Identification Authority Head Office at Tetteh Quarshie near the Gulf House, Accra.

Ghana Immigration Head Office – Accra

  • I’ve lost my passport what should I do?

It is advised that all students keep their passports in a safe place. In the case that your passport gets lost you should:

  • Report the situation to the police and obtain a police report. (It is advised you make a copy of this)
  • Report the incident to Ghana Immigration Service, presenting the police report.
  • Contact your embassy in Ghana in order to start the process for a new passport. Ensure that your police report is on hand in case it is required.


  • Does GTUC offer students any scholarships?

Yes. The President’s Scholarship and the Florence Onny Memorial Scholarship. These scholarships provide full or partial tuition support to continuing GTUC students pursuing diploma, undergraduate, and post-graduate studies.

  • How do I apply for a scholarship?

Check out the website for details on how to apply for these scholarships and details on how the process works.

  • Will the scholarship cover me for the whole duration of my studies?

No. Please note that these scholarships will cover one academic year and therefore one will need to apply each academic year justifying why they require any of the scholarships. Kindly refer to the website for details on when either of these applications for scholarships open.

  • What is the Florence Nkrumah Onny Memorial Scholarship Fund?

The duration The Florence Nkrumah Onny Scholarship Fund will provide partial or full financial support to continuing GTUC students with financial need who are pursing diploma, undergraduate, and post-graduate studies. The support / term of the scholarship is for one academic year and will not be renewed automatically.

Scholarships will be limited to the costs of tuition, University fees and, in selected cases, books.

  • What are the requirements for applying for the Florence Nkrumah Onny Memorial Scholarship Fund?
  1. All scholarship applicants must be in good standing with no adverse disciplinary action against them.
  2. All awards are tentative subject to final verification of academic records.
  3. Full-time enrollment in a regular Diploma, Top Up, Degree and Post Graduate programme is required.
  4. Completion of all assigned and registered credit hours in the chosen programme is essential if the renewal or re-application of the scholarship is to be sought.
  5. Scholarship recipients must maintain the required cumulative weighted average (CWA). Grades are subject to review on a semester by semester basis. For under graduate programmes, any scholarship recipient who earns a CWA of less than 70.00 will automatically forfeit the scholarship.

For graduate programmes students whose grades fall below an “A” – that is 70.00 to 74.00 will automatically forfeit the scholarship scheme.

When can I apply for this scholarship?

Applications will be opened from June 1 to July 31 Annually.

Applications received after the above dates will not be considered.

Where can I get a copy of the form?

Click on the following link: http://gtuc-kumasicampus.info/ksi/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/onny-scholarship-form.pdf

Applying for Halls of Residence

I am interested in applying for accommodation, where do I go for help?

You will need to go to the Students Affairs Office where you will find a Student Affairs Officer who will be happy to assist you with your enquiries.

How much does the hostel cost?

As the prices differ, you are advised to seek assistance from the Student Affairs Unit.

Am I guaranteed a place in the hostels?

The hostels are limited in number and therefore you are advised to apply for a hostel in good time.

Student Groups

How do I start a student group?

If you are interested in starting a student group on campus, you will need to consult with an Officer at the Student Affairs Office, as it is important to ensure that there is no duplication and or unethical group on campus.

I would like to establish a branch of my church for students at GTUC to fellowship in. Is it possible?

It is not possible to establish a branch of your church at GTUC, all students wishing to fellowship on campus must sign up with the All Christian Fellowship (ACF) Association.

Exams and Records

I need to re-sit my exams how do I do so?

Please note that registration opens in March and students interested in re-sitting their exams will be required to pay for their re-sits at the Accounts Office. Upon payment, students should attend the Exams and Records Office to collect a registration form.

Please note that there is a deadline for this submission and you may only register where you have an incomplete paper or have failed your exams. Where you apply to re-sit on the grounds of an incomplete paper you will be required to provide evidence. For further clarification, contact the Exams and Records department.

Please note that there is a deadline for this submission and a penalty will be applied for late payment.

I would like to make a request for a new transcript. How can I do this?

You will need to make a payment to the Accounts Office and inform the Exams and Records department of your request. There are two services available, Express and Regular. Express takes 24 hours and regular takes 4 working days. Please note that charges apply to both services.

How do I access my results online?

Kindly click on the following link: http://gtuc.edu.gh/site/index.php/online-results. You will be able to access a step by step tutorial which will provide assistance and help you access your results

I cannot access my results?

Kindly go to the Web Development department, where a member of staff will be able to assist you further with this issue.

I cannot access my school e-mail account, where can I go for help?

Go to ITSS department located in the main administration building, at the Tesano Campus, your password will be reset.

HTML Tidy online code clean-up tool lets you organize your code easily in your browser without download or registration. And it is absolutely free.

: PMB 100, Accra-North

: info@gtuc.edu.gh


: +233 302 221 412, +233 302 221 446, +233 302 200 611

© GTUC 2006