|Course Length:||3 years|
|Tuition Fees:||Ghanaian Gh¢ 5,500 International £ 1,500|
|Course Start Date:||January 2014|
The content of this course fosters lifelong learning, supported by research and practice informed teaching. This course also provides a learning experience that reflects the importance of, and celebrates diverse communities and enables inclusivity of all those wishing to engage in learning and development, at the same time, inspiring students to develop a passion for their subject and for learning and to encourage further development and study.
This course further provides an opportunity for real business experience through a managed and supported year long work placement programme or shorter work experience, and through application of principles, models and theories within real-life settings.
At the end of this course, students would have developed their potential to become outstanding tourism graduates and entrepreneurial practitioners within an international business community.
The following categories of students are considered for admission:
- Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE with credit passes in Core English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level holders with credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two (2) passes in the relevant subjects at the advanced level.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level applicants who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of applying and have credits in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics in addition to passing an Entrance Examination or interview.
- SSSCE / WASSCE who have credits in three (3) core subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) electives relevant to the chosen programme.
- Introduction to Tourism & Events
- Employability, IT and Reasoning Techniques(Enhancing Your Career & Personal Success)
- Fundraising for Events Management
- Resourcing Events and Tourism Organisations
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Legislation and Human Resources in the Events Context
- Employability & Project Management Techniques
- Tourism & Events Service Operations Management
- New Media Tourism & Events Marketing
- Work Experience OR Applied Technology for Events OR Professional Choice Professional Choice (Option) modules will be selected from the list below (subject to amendment):
- New Media Marketing
- Services & Relationship Marketing
- Managing Employees through Performance & Reward
- Enterprising Graduate 1
- Management, the Entrepreneur & the Small Business Environment
- Business in Europe Asia & Americas
- International Culture & Communications
- Sustainable Business
- Effective Organisational Purchasing
- Business Negotiation Techniques
- Small Business & Enterprise
- Financial Services
- Work Experience
- Legal Environment of Business
- Events Management Project
- Events Planning and Strategy
- Managing Events Communications
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism & Events
- Work Experience OR Professional Choice Professional Choice (Option) module will be selected from the list below (subject to amendment):
- Marketing Metrics
- Brand Identities & Communities
- Learning, Knowledge & Performance
- Managing & Coordinating the HR Function
- International Supply Chain Management
- Business in Emerging Markets
- Sustainable Business
- Legal Aspects of Supply Chain Management
- Fraud Risk Management
- Applied Accounting Software
- Business of War & Terrorism
- Work Experience
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC information centre Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office or on our website www.gtuc.edu.gh at the admissions menu.
- Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH110.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.(fee includes Application Form and Verification processes)
- Completed application forms with certified copies of certificates/result slips should be submitted to the admissions office, GTUC Tesano – Accra, contact admissions office for application deadline.
Teaching and Learning
The teaching and learning procedure is meant to award educational aims. Modules are developed to suit the knowledge specification of students in other to stimulate growth in students in terms of self-management and independence. In the final year, students with supervision undertake a project in the study of their choice to enhance their career ambitions. It can also be seen that teaching and learning strategies facilitates development in students in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities. The lecturers in this context play the role of facilitators in the process, with the availability of online learning facility such as VLEs or Websites. Regular feedbacks are also given throughout the modules for students to ascertain their strengths and weaknesses.
A degree in Events Management offers a wide range of job options, both specialist and generalist. Whichever you choose, a degree in Events Management gives you an in-depth understanding of the structure and operation of the industry and its related sectors.
A common thread is a focus on identifying, understanding and responding to the needs of consumers, so as to provide an excellent customer experience.
Negotiation and teamwork skills, which will be developed through working both independently and on group projects, as well as leadership and delegation skills gained through group work, equips graduates to become every employer’s choice and also become entrepreneurs.
Graduates of this programme can take up jobs such accommodation managers, event organizers and retail managers, to mention a few.
- Degree (Certificate ) is given by Staffordshire University, UK
- The degree is accredited by the British Computing Society(BCS) and by the institute for the management of Information Systems (IMIS).
- The degree is also accredited by the National Accreditation Board, Ghana
- Students on this programme can choose to do a semester or a year abroad with any of Staffordshire Partners all over the world (see list of partners) and gain a Global Award in addition to their degree award.
Note** Students have the option of graduating in Staffordshire University, UK.
This course equips students to become outstanding tourism graduates and entrepreneurial practitioners within an international business community.
For any enquiries please contact:
Office of International Programmes
Telephone: 0302 200611, 2936201, 0202698226, 0202698339