Summer school provides a great opportunity for students to live in another country, communicate through cultures, network with other students and broaden their scope in a global environment.
This programme has been designed to give students international exposure through lectures and seminars, foster academic links and promote student mobility.
Summer school is open to all students irrespective of your area of study and offer an excellent chance to enhance your degree and your outlook. You experience a new culture through events in addition to an exciting teaching programme.
The 2017 Summer School Programme
GTUC in collaboration with Coventry University offers 2017 Summer Programme at Coventry University.
This year, students will have the opportunity to visit Coventry in the UK.
Why Coventry? Located in the heart of England, Coventry boasts a vast array of attractions. Central to British history and culture, the city offers accessibility to local attractions including Birmingham, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwick, Oxford and Cambridge, with London only a short 2-hour journey away.
A dynamic, globally orientated University with its main campus in the heart of England and a new campus right in the heart of the City of London is ideally positioned to offer world class summer programmes. Their newly invested sites offer first class infrastructure, top guest lecturers and easy access to the most popular cultural, historical and social locations that the UK has to offer.
Why Coventry University’s Summer Schools?
- An exciting opportunity to travel abroad and experience the British history and culture.
- An opportunity to receive a Coventry University Summer School Certificate.
- Gain an understanding of how organizations and industries operate in the UK;
- A chance to meet new friends from Europe, the UK and other parts of the world;
- Gain full access to all the University’s features and facilities;
- A great location for exploring more of UK and Europe;
- An opportunity to visit British industry and popular social and historical sites across the UK
- An opportunity to visit industry specific field trips to see how companies operate in the UK.
16th - 30th July 2017
Duration of programme:
13th May, 2017
What’s included in the fee?
- Tuition fees;
- Accommodation in single-occupancy rooms (with shared kitchen facility);
- Breakfast (Monday-Friday);
- Lunch (Monday -Friday);
- Welcome and farewell events;
- 10 hours of academic content per week, including English classes, skills development workshops and tutorials;
- Field trips and full access to summer school activities(inclusive of transport);
- Airports pick up and drop off from your UK arrival and departure airport
- Certificate of participation
What’s not included in the fee?
Please note that the following are not included in the programme fee and these additional costs must be incurred by the student:
- Visa Fees
- Flights to and from the United Kingdom;
- Personal insurance such as travel/medical insurance or insurance related to all activities you will participate in during your stay (this is a requirement for each participant);
- Other travel costs for personal visits/excursions;
- Food and beverages unless specified in the itinerary;
- Accommodation for friends and family of students;
- Costs for additional weekend excursions.
In order to take part in the Coventry University Summer programme;
- A student must be in their second year of study or higher at the time of applying.
- Students must be aged 18 or over at the time of the course start date and/or undertaking a university/ college course.
- As each programme is delivered in English, students will need a good level of English speaking, reading and writing skills.
How to apply
To apply, you must go through the following procedures:
- Complete online application form or download it here; alternatively you could pick up a copy from the Office of International Programmes (OIP).
- Submit the application form with a copy of your latest University transcript result to the OIP.
- Students will be given an offer on the programme based on their eligibility.
- Students given offers will have to write to accept the offer and pay fees before the deadline given
- Students will be given a date to meet with the Program Coordinator to complete online visa application form and schedule appointment date to present documents at the embassy (Note that GTUC cannot guarantee visas, but would give advice and support. Students will have to submit documents to the British High Commission in person)
- Students must make a full payment of the tuition before submitting documents to the High commission for visa
- After students have received visas, there will be pre-departure sessions (contact the programme Coordinator to know your scheduled pre-departure session)
- English and British Culture
- Fashion Marketing
- Marketing and Advertising International Business
- Skills for Global Business
- Culture and Media
- Creative TV and Production
- Design and Visual Arts
During the summer programme students will be housed in Coventry University’s student accommodation which is centrally located and within easy walking distance to all university buildings, shopping centers, restaurants and other amenities. Accommodation consists of comfortable rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi access. Each single study bedroom includes workspace, desk, chair, wardrobe, wash basin & bedding. Toilets and shower facilities are also inclusive in most bedrooms. A shared kitchen facility is available for all rooms.
Places to see
A variety of trips are included in the cost of the programme, such as: Blenheim Palace Bournemouth British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Cambridge, Coventry Cathedral, Coventry Transport Museum, Liverpool, London Sightseeing, Panorama Tours, London Eye, Madame Tussauds, Manchester, Oxford, Royal Leamington, Spa Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle Windsor Castle etc.
In addition to the above, a number of field trips are also included and are designed as an integrative part of applying the taught theory. These field trips are course-related, and give students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of how organizations operate within the UK. Visits include; BBC, Bloomberg, BMW, Coca Cola, E-ON, Jaguar Land Rover, London Stock Exchange, Manchester United, MG Motors, Pro Drive, Motorsport, Royal Mint, Serious Games Institute, Severn Trent Silverstone, Supreme Court and Terex.