|Course Length:||3 years|
|Tuition Fees:||Ghanaian GH¢ 5,000
International GH¢ 7,500
|Course Start Date:||Sept. 2014|
This course is designed to equip students with in depth knowledge of the latest areas of web programming, and a historical perspective to see where the industry has its roots and where it could progress to in the future. Students will also understand and appreciate the latest web standards in both the design and programming domain and be able to create web applications that follow industry accepted guidelines, as well as acquire theoretical and practical skills to develop web applications fit for the purpose they are intended, whether they be small scale or large enterprise applications, and who can respond to the challenge of real world problems. At the end of this course, students will be well equipped to undertake employment in industry, commerce or public service as web professionals, or, for those with suitable degree classification, to undertake programmes of further study or research.
Entry RequirementsThe following categories of students are considered for admission:
- Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE with credit passes in Core English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level holders with credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two (2) passes in the relevant subjects at the advanced level.
- Mature Applicants
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level applicants who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of applying and have credits in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics in addition to passing an Entrance Examination or interview.
- SSSCE / WASSCE who have credits in three (3) core subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) electives relevant to the chosen programme.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) / Diploma
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) holders with passes in three (3) compulsory plus optional subjects relevant to the programme of study.
- Applicants with stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at GBCE or GCE ‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
American Grade 12
- Foreign Applicants and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
- City and Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- Fundamentals of Computing And Mathematics
- Introduction to Programming
- Web Concepts
- Skills for Computing Professionals
- Web Project
- Server Side Scripting
- Programming with HTML APIs
- Mobile Application Development with Web Technologies
- Web Applications and The Cloud
Year ThreeMobile Application Development
- Distributed Web Applications
- Enterprise Web Applications
- Final Year Project
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC information centre Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office or on our website www.gtuc.edu.gh at the admissions menu.
- Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH110.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.(fee includes Application Form and Verification processes)
- Completed application forms with certified copies of certificates/result slips should be submitted to the admissions office, GTUC Tesano – Accra, contact admissions office for application deadline.
Teaching and Learning
The teaching and learning procedure is meant to award educational aims. Modules are developed to suit the knowledge specification of students in other to stimulate growth in students in terms of self-management and independence. In the final year, students with supervision undertake a project in the study of their choice to enhance their career ambitions. It can also be seen that teaching and learning strategies facilitates development in students in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities. The lecturers in this context play the role of facilitators in the process, with the availability of online learning facility such as VLEs or Websites. Regular feedbacks are also given throughout the modules for students to ascertain their strengths and weaknesses.
What are the prospects for this programme ?
Graduates with a bachelor's degree in Web programming are prepared for a variety of jobs associated with websites. Web Design graduates could take on jobs as Web Developers, Web Designers, or Web Producers, to mention a few. With a proficiency in many programming languages and knowledge in producing content as well as having a hand in the technical side, they may work in marketing a website or help with increasing traffic to the site. Web programming graduates are highly marketable.
Which institute issues out the certificate GTUC or Staffordshire?
Degree (Certificate ) is given by Staffordshire University, UK
Is the certificate internationally recognised ?
The degree is accredited by the British Computing Society(BCS) and by the institute for the management of Information Systems (IMIS)
Is the programme accredited?
The degree is also accredited by the National Accreditation Board, Ghana
Do I get the opportunity to study abroad in this programme ?
Students on this programme can choose to do a semester or a year abroad with any of Staffordshire Partners all over the world (see list of partners) and gain a Global Award in addition to their degree award.
** Students have the option of graduating in Staffordshire University, UK.
Where Next?We provide students an enriching experience that supports and facilitates personal, academic and professional development throughout the programme, laying a foundation for life-long continuing development.
For any enquiries please contact:
Office of International Programmes
Telephone: 0302 200611, 2936201, 0202698226, 0202698339