B.Sc (Hons) WEB DEVELOPMENT
|Course Length:||3 years|
|Tuition Fees:||Ghanaian GH¢ 5,500
International GH¢ 7,500
|Course Start Date:||January 2015|
This course provides students with an in depth knowledge of the latest areas of web development, and a historical perspective to see where the industry has its roots and where it could progress to in the future. Students are also taught understand and appreciate the latest web standards in both the design and programming domain. This gives students the ability to apply web technologies to a variety of web based applications. At the end of this course, students would have gained theoretical and practical skills to develop web applications fit for the purpose they are intended, whether they are small scale or large enterprise applications. They would also have acquired the skills to respond to the challenge of real world problems.
The following categories of students are considered for admission:
- Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE with credit passes in Core English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level holders with credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two (2) passes in the relevant subjects at the advanced level.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level applicants who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of applying and have credits in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics in addition to passing an Entrance Examination or interview.
- SSSCE / WASSCE who have credits in three (3) core subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) electives relevant to the chosen programme.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) / Diploma
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) holders with passes in three (3) compulsory plus optional subjects relevant to the programme of study.
- Applicants with stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at GBCE or GCE ‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
American Grade 12
- Foreign Applicants and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
- City and Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- Fundamentals of Computing And Mathematics
- Introduction to Programming
- Web Concepts
- Skills for Computing Professionals
- Web Project
- Web Programming Option
- Web Design Option
- Award Option
- Web Programming Options
- Server Side Scripting
- Programming with HTML APIs
- Mobile Application Development with Web Technologies AND Web Applications and The Cloud
Web Design Options
Any module listed below,
- Methods and Tools for enhancing User Experience
- Visual Web Design
- Digital Media and the Web
- Networking Fundamentals
- Final Year Project
- Award Option
- Award Option
- Award Option
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Design for Mobile Devices
- Mobile Application Development
- Distributed Web Applications
- Enterprise Web Applications
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC information centre Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office or on our website www.gtuc.edu.gh at the admissions menu.
- Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH110.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.(fee includes Application Form and Verification processes)
- Completed application forms with certified copies of certificates/result slips should be submitted to the admissions office, GTUC Tesano – Accra, contact admissions office for application deadline.
Teaching and Learning
Modules are developed to suit the knowledge specification of students in other to stimulate growth in students in terms of self-management and independence. In the final year, students with supervision undertake a project in the study of their choice to enhance their career ambitions. It can also be seen that teaching and learning strategies facilitates development in students in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities. The lecturers in this context play the role of facilitators in the process, with the availability of online learning facility such as VLEs or Websites. Regular feedbacks are also given throughout the modules for students to ascertain their strengths and weaknesses.
What are the prospects for this programme ?
Graduates with a bachelor's degree in Web development are prepared for a variety of jobs associated with websites. Web Development graduates could take on jobs as Web Developers, Web Designers, or Web Producers, to mention a few. With a proficiency in many programming languages and knowledge in producing content as well as having a hand in the technical side, they may work in marketing a website or help with increasing traffic to the site. Web development, graduates are highly marketable.
Which institute issues out the certificate GTUC or Staffordshire?
Degree (Certificate ) is given by Staffordshire University, UK
Is the certificate internationally recognised ?
The degree is accredited by the British Computing Society(BCS) and by the institute for the management of Information Systems (IMIS)
Is the programme accredited?
The degree is also accredited by the National Accreditation Board, Ghana
** Students have the option of graduating in Staffordshire University, UK.
Graduates of this programme are equipped with relevant skills to enable them fit in, and excel in their work environment.
For any enquiries please contact: Office of International Programmes Mobile: 0501341903 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0302 200611, 2936201, 0202698226, 0202698339 E-mail: email@example.com