|Course Length:||3 years|
|Tuition Fees:||Ghanaian GH¢ 5,000
International GH¢ 7,500
|Course Start Date:||Sept. 2014|
The content of this course provides an innovative and supportive learning environment where students can develop their skills and become highly desirable assets for future employers. Skills that are deemed necessary by employers, such as innovative thinking, ability to put forward creative ideas and contribute to business goals, are developed with this course.
This course also, provides a learning forum whereby students can learn flexibly and to the best of their ability, supported throughout their student journey by academic and support staff. Their critical reasoning and awareness of business are also developed.
The course content further provides stimulating and challenging learning opportunities through the setting up of a business venture. At the end of this course, students would have gained knowledge and experience that can be applied in the true world of work and will enable them to be work-ready and employable.
- The following categories of students are considered for admission:
- Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE with credit passes in Core English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level holders with credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two (2) passes in the relevant subjects at the advanced level.
- ‘O’ Level / ‘A’ Level applicants who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of applying and have credits in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics in addition to passing an Entrance Examination or interview.
- SSSCE / WASSCE who have credits in three (3) core subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) electives relevant to the chosen programme.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) / Diploma
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) holders with passes in three (3) compulsory plus optional subjects relevant to the programme of study.
- Applicants with stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at GBCE or GCE ‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
- American Grade 12
- Foreign Applicants and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
- City and Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- Employability, IT & Reasoning Techniques (Enhancing your Career and Personal success)
- Resourcing the Organisation
- Analyzing Business & Environmental Information
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Global Marketing in Action
- Employability & Project Management Techniques (Enterprise, Entrepreneurialism and Citizenship)
- Designing & Managing Effective Organisations
- Enterprising Graduate 1
- Management, the Entrepreneur and the Small Business Environment
- Applied Business Research
- Sustainable Business Or Work Experience
- Enterprising Graduate 2
- Global Business Directions (CMI)
- Global Business Directions (International)
- Strategic Management in Organisations
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC information centre Tesano – Accra, the Kumasi Campus near Ahodwo roundabout, Koforidua Campus Charley Junction, Ho Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office, Takoradi Learning Centre Vodafone Regional Head Office or on our website www.gtuc.edu.gh at the admissions menu.
- Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH110.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.(fee includes Application Form and Verification processes)
- Completed application forms with certified copies of certificates/result slips should be submitted to the admissions office, GTUC Tesano – Accra, contact admissions office for application deadline.
Teaching and Learning
The teaching and learning procedure is meant to award educational aims. Modules are developed to suit the knowledge specification of students in other to stimulate growth in students in terms of self-management and independence. In the final year, students with supervision undertake a project in the study of their choice to enhance their career ambitions. It can also be seen that teaching and learning strategies facilitates development in students in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities. The lecturers in this context play the role of facilitators in the process, with the availability of online learning facility such as VLEs or Websites. Regular feedbacks are also given throughout the modules for students to ascertain their strengths and weaknesses.
The skills gained on a Business Management and Enterprise degree, allow you to build commercial awareness and start contributing to your chosen employer quickly and effectively. Graduates of this programme may be employed as Management consultants, who will help organizations to solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve the business performance of their clients.
Graduates may also gain employment as, corporate investment bankers, where they will provide a range of financial services to companies, institutions and governments.
The skills acquired from this programme equip graduates to manage corporate, strategic and financial opportunities, including mergers, acquisitions, bonds and shares, lending and privatizations which are beneficial to employers in this field. Other career options available to Business Management and Enterprise graduates include, retail banking, risk management and management consultancy to mention a few.
- Degree (Certificate ) is given by Staffordshire University, UK
- The degree is accredited by the British Computing Society(BCS) and by the institute for the management of Information Systems (IMIS)
- The degree is also accredited by the National Accreditation Board, Ghana
- Students on this programme can choose to do a semester or a year abroad with any of Staffordshire Partners all over the world (see list of partners) and gain a Global Award in addition to their degree award.
** Students have the option of graduating in Staffordshire University, UK.
Graduates of this course, are equipped with Business management skills, which enable them to be work-ready and employable.
For any enquiries please contact:
Office of International Programmes
Telephone: 0302 200611, 2936201, 0202698226, 0202698339