Coventry University, United Kingdom
Coventry University, a dynamic, globally orientated University with a main campus in the heart of England and a new campus right in the heart of the City of London is ideally positioned to offer world class summer programmes, their newly invested sites offer first class infrastructure, top guest lecturers and easy access to the most popular cultural, historical and social locations that the UK has to offer.
Why Coventry? Located in the heart of England, Coventry boasts a vast array of attractions. Central to British history and culture, the city offers accessibility to local attractions including Birmingham, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwick, Oxford and Cambridge, with London only a short 2 hour journey away.
Why Coventry University’s Summer Schools?
- An exciting opportunity to travel abroad and experience the British history and culture.
- An opportunity to gain official recognition of your participation with a Coventry University certificate and transcript.
- Gain an understanding of how organizations and industries operate in the UK;
- A chance to meet new friends from Europe, the UK and other parts of the world;
- Gain full access to all the University’s features and facilities;
- A great location for exploring more of UK and Europe;
- An opportunity to visit British industry and popular social and historical sites across the UK
|Date:||17th – 31st July|
|Duration of programme:||2 Weeks|
|Cost of Programme:||For information on Summer School fees, kindly call OIP on 0501341903|
|Application Deadline||9th May, 2016|
What’s included in the fee?
- Visa Processing
- Accommodation in single-occupancy rooms (with shared kitchen facility);
- Lunch (for 3 days of the programme);
- Welcome and farewell dinners;
- 10 hours of academic content per week, including English classes, skills development workshops and tutorials;
- Tuition fees;
- Field trips and full access to summer school activities(inclusive of transport);
- Airports pick up and drop off from your UK arrival and departure airport
What’s not included in the fee?
Please note that the following are not included in the programme fee, and these additional costs must be incurred by the student:
- Flights to and from the United Kingdom;
- Personal insurance such as travel/medical insurance or insurance related to all activities you will participate in during your stay (this is a requirement for each participant);
- Other travel costs for personal visits/excursions;
- Food and beverages unless specified in the itinerary;
- Accommodation for friends and family of students;
- Costs for additional weekend excursions.
In order to take part in the Coventry University Summer programme;
- Students must be aged 18 or over at the time of the course start date and/or undertaking a university/ college course.
- As each programme is delivered in English, students will need a good level of English speaking, reading and writing skills.
How to apply
To apply you must go through the following procedures
- Complete online application form or download it here
- A scanned copy of your latest University/College transcript result,
- Book an appointment to meet the coordinator of the programme to review documents
- Students will be given offer on the programme based on their eligibility.
- Students given offers will have to write to accept the offer and pay fees
- Students will be given a date to meet with the protocol officer to complete online visa application form and schedule appointment date to present documents at the embassy (Note that GTUC cannot guarantee visas, but would give advice and support, students will have to submit documents to the embassy in person)
- Students must make a full payment of the tuition before submitting documents to the embassy for visa
- After students have received visas, there will be a pre-departure sessions (contact the programme coordinator to know your scheduled pre-departure session )
During the summer programme students will be housed in Coventry University’s student accommodation: Callice Court and Singer Hall. Both are centrally located and within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants and bars. Each single study bedroom includes workspace, desk, chair, wardrobe, wash basin, bedding and Wi-Fi. Toilets and shower facilities are also inclusive in most bedrooms; however some rooms provide shared washroom facilities for between 3 to 5 students. A shared kitchen facility is available for all rooms. Breakfast is included with the accommodation.
Places to see
A variety of trips are included in the cost of the programme, such as: Blenheim Palace Bournemouth British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Cambridge, Coventry Cathedral, Coventry Transport Museum, Liverpool ,London Sightseeing, Panorama Tours, London Eye, Madame Tussauds, Manchester, Oxford, Royal Leamington, Spa Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle Windsor Castle etc.
In addition to the above, a number of fieldtrips are also included and are designed as an integrative part of applying the taught theory. These fieldtrips are course-related, and give students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of how organisations operate within the UK. Visits include: BBC, Bloomberg, BMW, Coca Cola, E-ON, Jaguar Land Rover, London Stock Exchange, Manchester United, MG Motors, Pro Drive, Motorsport, Royal Mint, Serious Games Institute, Severn Trent Silverstone, Supreme Court, and Terex.
17th – 31st July